Welcome!

This is my journey in keeping my family happy and healthy.
In this day and age, what parent knows best what to do and how to care for their family?
There are so many conflicting ideas, so much wisdom, and so many paths.
It is here that I will compile information on what I have learned and the choices I am making.
Maybe my path will help others.... or not. Enjoy!

Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Ah... the heavenly grain mill....

Currently I grind wheat and other grains via my Vitamix, which has been fairly easy. However I suspect many nutrients are lost due to the high heat that occurs while grinding.

As a part of our goal to become self-sufficient as a home, I'd like to get a hand-crank grinder, both because it requires no electricity, as well as, less nutrients are lost due to the method of grinding.

So here is my dream grain mill:



This one is a beauty and it will last for generations to come!

Now to start saving up my money....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...